CODE OF ETHICS
In my practice of the Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Method, and as a Certified Crystal Healer, I vow to always:
- Practice methods as taught during my Certification and use all precautionary measures;
- Perform massage and acupressure since I am licensed to do so;
- Preserve client confidentiality, and never share information learned during sessions with others or intake unless required by law;
- Abstain from giving any medical diagnoses, interfering with the treatment of a licensed health care provider, or suggesting the use or change of use of any prescription, medication, or
- Actively work on my own healing and education so as to embody and fully express the essence of Crystal Healing in every facet of my life;
- Be responsible for the energy I bring into the healing space and into any transactions as a student or as a healer, always striving to be positive;
- Never attempt to awaken Kundalini on others;
- Be open to the continuing process of enhancing my professional qualifications, training, experience and skills;
- Respect and value all energy workers and types of healing modalities, and refrain from making negative statements about others;
- Encourage my clients to heal themselves, and assist them in their personal growth as well as their own crystal practice;
- Treat my clients and their physical person with the greatest respect, and never engage in any illegal or immoral activity which hurts them, such as unsolicited touching of their genital area or
breasts, asking them to disrobe, or sexual comments, jokes or references;
- Abstain from the use of drugs or alcohol during all professional activities;
- Be truthful in my advertising by openly discussing my training and background, what is offered in a crystal healing session, the fee that is charged, and the amount of time spent in
- Educate my clients regarding the merit of crystal healing in conjunction with other medical treatments, and thoroughly explain that it does not guarantee a cure and is not a substitute for
medical or psychological treatment, but only a supplement to these treatments.
- Learn and obey the most current local, state, and federal laws applicable to my practice.
Massage Policies and Procedures
It is our intention to provide our guests with a professional and therapeutic massage. The following policies and procedures serve as a guide for first-time and regular massage guests of
Restoration-You, Inc. reserves the right to have an all female clientele.
At Restoration-You, we understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone's life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are
just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists' time, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE
Please arrive for your appointment 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients), change and prepare for the service.
All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
We provide 5 minutes before and after the hands on massage time for dressing and undressing. This gives the client time to relax and take their time. A 60 minute session has 50 minutes hands-on and
10 minutes of private relaxation. A 90 minute session has 80 minutes hands-on and 10 minutes of private relaxation. A 120 minute session has 110 minutes hands-on and 10 minutes of private
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives the studio enough time to fill the slot. If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours multiple times
(2 or more), they will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment.
This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY
Clients who fail to show for appointments may be asked to pre-pay for future services. It is important that our massage therapists are compensated for reserved time slots.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent
stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will
also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Restoration-You therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the NJ Board of Massage Therapists.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is
required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Restoration-You Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session.
You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The
client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will
subside on its own in a few moments.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor,
physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
If you have any questions on the above information, please direct them to Renee at 856-437-0430